Can NDSolve find the other solution???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31311] Can NDSolve find the other solution???
- From: "cosmicstring" <cosmicstring at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:08:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear friends, I am using Mathematica 4.0 to solve two second order ordinary diff. eq.s numerically with four initial conditions given. I transformed the set of two second order eq.s to four first order eq.s. just as we do in Runge-Kutta computation. When I try NDSolve with those four first order ode's and four initial conditions I get only one solution but when I work the system out(without transforming to four 1st order eq.s) analytically I get two solutions which is trivial because I am solving 2nd order eq.s. Now, I would like to know if there is a way to obtain the other solution using Mathematica. I need this solution because it is the physical one! Thanks in advance... cosmicstring at yahoo.com