Re: How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31397] Re: [mg31369] How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
- From: VirtuaDAN at aol.com
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:59:21 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Although I've never used constrained min for >30 variables, I have run problems with several hundred constraints. What I find is that additional variables slow the algorithm much more than additional inequalitities. In addition, according to some colleagues, Mathematica itself is inefficient in problems of more than 50 variables. You might want to try a smaller problem first to get a benchmark.
Virtuadan at aol.com
Prev by Date:
RE: graphics on the same line
Next by Date:
Re: graphics on the same line
Previous by thread:
How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
Next by thread: