Re: weibull distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31383] Re: weibull distribution
  • From: "DIAMOND Mark R." <dot at dot.dot>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:59:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yes. Rather than give you an example, which might be slightly different from
what you actually want, have a look at "Statistics`NonlinearFit`" in the
standard packages. You will also probably want
Statistics`ContinuousDistributions` unless you are going to specify your
own function (as I usually do because the form of the Weibull I need is for
fitting psychometic data and is in a slightly unusual form.

So you notebook will have
Needs["Statistics`NonlinearFit`" ];
Needs["Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`"];

and the rest should be clear from the Help.

--
Mark R. Diamond
Send email to  psy dot uwa dot edu dot au and address to markd