TWJ Extend Graphics Installation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30643] TWJ Extend Graphics Installation
  • From: fblack2 at mail.com (Frank Black)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:08:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry to post what seems to be a very common question, but I've read
the posts and still can't get it to work:

I'm trying to use TWJ's ExtendGraphics binaries on a Unix machine
(Solaris) running Mathematica 4.1.0.

I've put the ExtendGraphics folder in the AddOns/Applications
directory and made sure that the Mathematica path includes the
Applications directory.

I've compiled mandelbrot, contour, and delaunay using:
  mcc -o mandelbrot.exe mandelbrot.tm  AND
  mcc -o mandelbrot mandelbrot.tm

In Mathematica, when I try:
  Needs["ExtendGraphics`Mandelbrot`"]
  Show[MandelbrotImage[{-2, -1.5}, {1, 1.5}, 50, 10]];

I get:
 Show::gtype: MandelbrotImage is not a type of graphics.

Thanks in advance!
Frank Black