Re: Re: System for which Solve and NSolve both fail

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30656] Re: [mg30650] Re: System for which Solve and NSolve both fail
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 20:32:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The passage below from my earlier message on this topic may be a bit
misleading. Of course Mathematica can solve the equation below because
the transcendental functions Sin and Cos are algebraically related (even
though the relationship in not explicit). As far as I know  only all
equations involving transcendental functions that Mathematica can solve
are of this type.