Re: PlotStyles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30827] Re: PlotStyles
  • From: "Paul Lutus" <nospam at nosite.zzz>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:51:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Mark S. Coleman" <mcoleman at bondspace.com> wrote in message
news:9o994g$csu$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> Greetings
>

> Is there a way to apply different PlotStyles to a single list of data
> in a List Plot command? For instance, can I specifiy the first
> half of the data points to be one color, and the remaining half to be
> another, so that it is easy to visually separate the two subsets of data.
>
> I know that this could be done by creating separate graphs and then
> overlaying them,  but I'm curious is this can be done within a single
> Plot or ListPlot command.

a = Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,Pi},PlotStyle->Hue[0],
    DisplayFunction -> Identity]

b = Plot[Sin[x],{x,Pi,2 Pi},PlotStyle->Hue[.5],
    DisplayFunction -> Identity]

Show[a,b,DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction]

Obviously this all could be written as a single line, but the cost in
comprehensibility seems to me unacceptable.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com