Re: Mathematica as a word processor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30993] Re: Mathematica as a word processor
  • From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu (Brian Higgins)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:43:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A brief introduction to using Mathematica as word processor can be
found in

"The beginner's guide to Mathematica version 4 by Glynn and Gray.

It should get you started.

In my experience, to use Mathematica as a word processor you need to
be comfortable manipulating and designing your own style sheets.
Chapters 49-55 in G&G give some good pointers of how to do this.

Mathematica is my default word processor. All my lecture notes are
distributed as notebooks. Goodluck!

Cheers,

Brian