information on Eigensystem

Hello,

I am doing a comparison between three methods for finding an eigensystem of
a matrix, Numerical Recipes tqli + tred2, jacobi, and Mathematica's
Eigensystem[].

I would like to acquire info on which algorithm does Mathematica have for
finding it out? What does she do in a case of a real symmetric matrix? I am
asking it because I haven't found anything in the implementation notes.

Thank you for you time,

Borut from Slovenia