Problems with creating packages (formatting)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33748] Problems with creating packages (formatting)
- From: "Mike Varney" <varney at colorado.edu>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:14:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am attempting to create a package under version 4.1.
After entering in my functions, etc etc and setting the cell as the
initiation cell, I am able to save the package as package.m.
I can now call and load the package fine and the functions work fine as
The problem is that when I open package.m in mathmatica to edit the package
the text is in the "plain text" format, i.e..
F[x_] := Cos[x]^3 + 3Exp[x]+1
\!\(F[x_] := Cos[x]\^3 + 3 Exp[x] + 1\)
The installation is the default one with an extra directory under
standardpackages for my packages. I have changed none of the default
My saving procedure is the following:
1. I click on a cell and type in my functions, etc to create the package.
This includes comments, etc., etc.
2. I click on the cell bracket and choose Cell -> Cell Properties ->
3. I save as special -> Package Format
I close the notebook without saving, restart mathematica and open the
package.m and see the formatting errors.
If any of you have ideas on how to solve this I would appreciate the
Prev by Date:
RE: How to Return from within a Table-Command?
Next by Date:
Re: How to Return from within a Table-Command?
Previous by thread:
RE: Difference Equations
Next by thread:
RE: Problems with creating packages (formatting)