RE: Can I do MultipleListPlot with Color?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg33854] RE: [mg33844] Can I do MultipleListPlot with Color?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Yes you can. I like to do it the following way. I use PlotSymbol from the
MultipleListPlot package, but I don't use MultipleListPlot itself.

Here are two series of points for two curves (as an example).

sinpts = Table[{x, Sin[x]}, {x, 0, 4, 0.25}];
cospts = Table[{x, Cos[x]}, {x, 0, 4, 0.25}];

Now, we simply Map a PlotSymbol onto each of the series of points, and set a
color and wrap Line around the points to draw the line.

      {PlotSymbol[Box, 4, Filled -> False] /@ sinpts,
        Blue, Line[sinpts],
        Black, PlotSymbol[Triangle, 6, Filled -> False] /@ cospts,
        Red, Line[cospts]}],
    Frame -> True,
    PlotLabel -> "Colored List Plots with PlotSymbols",
    ImageSize -> 500];

David Park
djmp at