Find Doesn't Find Substrings That Begin With Integers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33964] Find Doesn't Find Substrings That Begin With Integers?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook with symbols
u11One[x] , v11One[x] , w11One[x]
which I want to change to u11First[x] , etc.
A search using the Find/Replace window doesn't seem to be able to find the
"11One" substrings within these symbol names -- though a search just on "One"
finds that substring within the names.
Seems an odd limitation on Find's capabilities -- or am I doing something wrong?
(I've tried cutting and pasting the "11One" substring into the Find field.)
Prev by Date:
Re: DSolve solution validation
Next by Date:
Re: Linking mathematica with VC++6.0
Previous by thread:
Re: HoldForm Obscurities
Next by thread: