Find Doesn't Find Substrings That Begin With Integers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33964] Find Doesn't Find Substrings That Begin With Integers?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook with symbols u11One[x] , v11One[x] , w11One[x] which I want to change to u11First[x] , etc. A search using the Find/Replace window doesn't seem to be able to find the "11One" substrings within these symbol names -- though a search just on "One" finds that substring within the names. Seems an odd limitation on Find's capabilities -- or am I doing something wrong? (I've tried cutting and pasting the "11One" substring into the Find field.)