Dynamic referencing AND hyperlinking for numbered equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34017] Dynamic referencing AND hyperlinking for numbered equations
  • From: Alexandre Costa <costa at fem.unicamp.br>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:27:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Group:
I use a notebook style that allows using cells for numbered equations.
When I type notes in text cells, I refer to the equations by number as
follow:
First, I add a CellTag to the cell that contains the number I want to
reference.
 After that I select the cell and use the menu item Find>Add Remove Cell
Tags to give it a CellTag.
 Then, use the menu item Input>Create Automatic Numbering Object to
create a counter. Under "Counter Type:" set the type of counter being
referenced. (For example, NumberedEquation.) Then, select the radio
button "The first cell with the tag:". In the text field, put the CellTag
you created.
This creates a counter in one location that displays the value of the
counter at the location of the CellTag.

Now, What  I want is having a hyperlink to that equation cell, at the
same location where I previously placed the reference in the text cell.

I can hyperlink to the tagged cell but in doing so, I loose the dynamic
reference for the equation  as I described above.

Does anybody have a clue how to do these two things at the same place?
                                    Thanks in advance,
                                               Alex Costa