DumpSave's binary file structure

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35814] DumpSave's binary file structure
  • From: Rene Klaver <rene.klaver at philips.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:41:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a question about the structure of the binary files generated by the
DumpSave command.

Because the speed with which binary files generated with the DumpSave
command can be read into Mathematica in comparison with the text files generated
by the Save command, I would like to be able to let my own C program
generate binary files with the same structure as the DumpSave generated
binary files. For that, I have been looking for a description of the
binary file structure. Unfortunately, I could not find such a description
in the Mathematica book or the Wolfram website.

Therefore, I would like to know if there exists a document outlining the
structure of the binary file as generated by DumpSave (assuming that this
is an 'open' file format). The version of Mathematica that I am using is 4.1
Windows, on a Windows NT system.

I hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Rene

--

Rene Klaver