Calculating the area surrounded by a closed contour curve.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35906] Calculating the area surrounded by a closed contour curve.
  • From: jl_03824 at yahoo.com (Jun Lin)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 05:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anybody know how to calculate the area surrounded by a closed
contour? For example, using ContourPlot[x^2+y^2,
{x,-1.5,1.5},{y,-1.5,1.5},Contours->{1}], I create a circular contour
of unity radius. How can I further calculate the area of the region
surrounded by the contour? Thanks very much for your help.

Jun Lin