Re: Fw: Recursive Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35910] Re: [mg35886] Fw: [mg35874] Recursive Function
  • From: "Constantine Elster" <celster at cs.technion.ac.il>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 05:59:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry, the function that I sent earlier was written with mistake.
It should be

S[0,0] = 1
S[k_,m_] := Which [
        k < 0, 0,
        m < 0, 0,
        k < m, 0,
        True, p*S[k-1,m] + (1-p)*S[k,m-1]]

Pls reply if you know a hint how to find the non recursive equivalent...
Thanks a lot in advance.
Constantine Elster.

Constantine Elster
Computer Science Dept.