Scope problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35972] Scope problem
  • From: au198295 at hotmail.com (Aaron)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:05:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been having difficulty using the distribution packages.  In a
package I created, I can't get the CDF function to evaluate, and I
can't figure out the problem. Below I have included a very simple (and
useless) package I created that runs in to the same problem.  I want
to use the numerical value of the CDF for a normal distribution. When
I call TestFunction, this is the output:

Global`glibb`Private`CDF[Global`glibb`Private`NormalDistribution[0,
1], -1]
Global`glibb`Private`CDF[Global`glibb`Private`NormalDistribution[0.,
1.], -1.]

Calls to CDF return similar outputs in my useful packages.  The
package I am currently working with was originally written for
Mathematica 2.0, and I am trying to update it to work with 4.0.  I was
told that all the functions were tested thoroughly in the 2.0
implementation and worked fine.

TEST PACKAGE: file "glibb.m"
BeginPackage["`glibb`",
{"Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`"}
]

glibb::usage = "glibb is a test package."

TestFunction::usage = "TestFunction[]."

Begin["`Private`"]

TestFunction[] := Module[{alpha,alpha2},
	alpha = CDF[NormalDistribution[0,1], -1];
	Print[alpha];
	alpha2 = N[CDF[NormalDistribution[0,1],-1]];
	Print[alpha2];
];

End[ ]

EndPackage[ ]