Re: Corresponding function to given values...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35995] Re: Corresponding function to given values...
  • From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sven

It may be obvious to you that 1^2=2 (surely not ?), 2^2=4 and 3^2=9, but
to me your pairs look like they were derived from the function f[x]=x+x!
(that is Factorial[x], not an x followed by an expression of surprise).
But I could not find a Mathematica function to support my argument - or
to support yours for that matter.

I guess you could try Fit and its related functions ...

Regards
Mark Westwood