RE: Nesting / Repetitive Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36083] RE: [mg36073] Nesting / Repetitive Functions
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at cox-internet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:51:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Try this.  (Note that U isn't used.)

X = "Cat Basic Algebra None       TM Expand TM Factor";
U = StringPosition[X, " "][[All, 1]]
f = StringDrop[#, StringPosition[#, " "][[1]]] &
NestList[f, X, Length@StringPosition[X, " "]] // TableForm

{4, 10, 18, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 32, 39, 42}
StringDrop[#1, StringPosition[#1, " "]ã??1ã??] &

"Cat Basic Algebra None       TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasic Algebra None       TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebra None       TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone       TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone      TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone     TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone    TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone   TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone  TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNone TM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNoneTM Expand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNoneTMExpand TM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNoneTMExpandTM Factor"
"CatBasicAlgebraNoneTMExpandTMFactor"

Bobby Treat