(maybe off topic) Mathematica suddenly doesn't start anymore

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36153] (maybe off topic) Mathematica suddenly doesn't start anymore
  • From: Detlef Mueller <dmueller at mathematik.uni-kassel.de>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:34:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Mathematica worked fine on my Laptop with Mandrake Linux.

But suddenly the following Errormessage appears:
"/usr/bin/local/mathematica:\
 /usr/local/mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Binaries/LinuxMathematica:
 file or directory not found"

(Maybe its more a UNIX-Problem or has to do with
Mandrake-updates ... but so far everything except
of Mathematica seems to work fine.)

Of course I checked for the File (it is indeed there)
and (a hint from a Unix-usegroup) the needed libs
libc.so.5, libm.so.5 are in /lib/ too.

Had anyone had, ore better solved, a similar problem?

greetings
  Detlef