Multivariate normal : non-zero mean

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36182] Multivariate normal : non-zero mean
  • From: j_m_1967 at hotmail.com (JM)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 04:16:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anyone know if there are any publications that describe the
integration of above?

In particular I am working with a 4 gaussian process with joint pdf
p(x1,y1,x2,y2) transformed to-> p(r1,r2,theta1,theta2), the processes
have non-zero mean and I would like to integrate the joint pdf twice
(over r1 and r2) and obtain an expression for the pdf of the phase
angles between p(theta1,theta2). I could assume that the means are the
same (to make life easier).  Has anyone come accross this - it doesn't
seem that unusual to me. I am asking because the integrals are
becoming 'interesting'.

thankyou for any tips.