Output differents between Show and Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36237] Output differents between Show and Plot
  • From: rdobrow at carleton.edu (Bob)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:08:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Why is it that when I type, say,
  Table[ Plot[ Sin[n x],{x,0,Pi}], {n, 1,5}]
my output is marked in the righthand column with 3 cell ``markers,"
with
the middle marker encompassing the output (and *only* the output).
However, when I try something like
  Table[Show[Graphics[ etc., etc]], {n, 1,5}]
the middle cell marker on the righthand side of the notebook also
includes the input command?

The reason that this is important for me is that I am doing an
animation; and after the animation I would like to delete all the
graphic images; but when I use Show[Graphics[ this would mean deleting
the input command as well.

Could someone explain this to me and also make a suggestion so how I
could use Show[Graphics[ ] and have the middle cell marker *only*
encompass the output.