How to ...?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36309] How to ...?
  • From: "Paskoski" <berlusconi_pagliusi at fis.unical.it>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:25:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,
I'd like to use Mathematica 4.0 to write a function having different
expressions in different domain's intervals.
Let's say:

F[x_]=    x^2   if 0<x<6
               x+1   if x>=6

I know It's a stupid syntax problem, but I really do not know how/where to
search the solution on the Mathematica Book

Thank you in advance,

PasKo.