Re: Stereograms in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38177] Re: Stereograms in Mathematica
  • From: "Bill Bertram" <wkb at ansto.gov.au>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:25:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Mark Coleman" <mark at markscoleman.com> wrote in message
news:ashupb$ek6$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> Greetings,
>
> Way back in 1995, Roman Maeder published an article on generating
> single-image stereograms in Mathematica (TMJ, Vol 5, #1). Is anyone aware
of an
> update to this work, or any additional Mathematica resources on
stereograms?

Somewhere inVersion 4.0 (at least in mine) there is a package  called
"ShowStereo.m" which generates pairs of stereo images from a single 3D plot.
It takes a bit of practice to see the stereo effect. Those oldies amongst us
who have used Morse & Feshbach  "Methods of Theoretical Physics" are at a
distinct advantage here. Anyway, I hope this is what you are looking for.

Cheers,
  Bill