surface dependent mesh or a smooth surface?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38253] surface dependent mesh or a smooth surface?
  • From: Veniamin Abalmassov <V.Abalmassov at unibas.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:10:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I use Plot3D to plot a function which is exponential in one region and
almost a constant in the other. If I specify PlotPoints ->50 (say),
costant region is well presented but there are too few points when the
surface is very sharp.

Is there any possibility to get a smooth surface everywhere? As far as I
know MaxBend, which defines a maximum possible angle between succesive
line segments, can help for ContourPlot3D but in the case of a Plot3D?

Thank you in advance for useful comments,

Veniamin