3D Animations problem solved. Mathematica OO in action

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38237] 3D Animations problem solved. Mathematica OO in action
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:09:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I guess I never learn anything the easy way.  I've been told this before, but
until I actually started poking around in the data from Mathematica 3D
animations, I didn't understand what all this meant.  I had been creating my
straight line segments with ParametricPlot3D and not setting PlotPoints->2.
When I looked at how they were represented, I realised how much useless data
was being generated.

Anyhow, just about the time I was ready to put this on the web, I had the
first hard drive failure in my life (on my own system).  What luck! It was
the drive holind my web-site.  Fortunately, I have backups of everything.
Nonetheless, It took a while to get everything back up.  It was already well
past the end of the day.  I'm too tired to add much explanation to the
notebook.  It runs fine on Linux, and on Chi-Rho.

I made extensive use of Dr. MäderÅ? CSM`Classes` package.  It's not quite Java
level OO, but It certainly is usable.

 http://public.globalsymmetry.com/projects/lorenz3d/lorenz3D-scene1.nb

The notebook is just a front-end.  I'm not ready to publish the code yet.
--
STH
Hatton's Law: