Re: Kernel configuration options for ssh

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38458] Re: [mg38457] Kernel configuration options for ssh
  • From: christopherpurcell <christopherpurcell at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:48:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

After getting the password problem solved, thanks to your advice, I was
left with a path problem arising from the space in the directory
name(/Mathematica 4.2). I found a helpful page at
http://support.wolfram.com/applicationpacks/parallel/remoteosx.html
which provided a sample shell script that fixes the path problem. This
script ("math.sh") was copied to my top directory on the remote
machine. The script gets referenced in the Kernel Configuration
Advanced Options box in place of the usual "math".  The final working
version of the Advanced Options box was this:

ssh christopherpurcell at 192.168.1.100 "~/math.sh"-mathlink-LinkMode
Connect-LinkProtocol TCP-LinkName "`linkname`"-LinkHost `ipaddress`

The remote kernel now starts up exactly as one would hope. Thank you.

Christopher Purcell