Re: Memory Leak with KSubsets?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38475] Re: Memory Leak with KSubsets?
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:54:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't know, as I am new also.
Probably not, but would changing the $HistoryLength help?

$HistoryLength = 10

Here is the idea I am thinking of...(from help menu)

 The default setting for $HistoryLength is Infinity.

 Values of In[n] and Out[n] corresponding to lines before those kept are explicitly cleared.

 Using smaller values of $HistoryLength can save substantial amounts of memory in a Mathematica session.

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP

"Arny" <someone at somewhere.sometime> wrote in message news:at4dip$f1g$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Dearest group
>
> Has anyone noticed this before?  I would like to use KSubsets and
> RandomKSubsets a few million times in a proggy, but after executing it a few
> thousand times Mathematica crashes, running out of memory

<snip>