Variatioal Methods Programs?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38510] Variatioal Methods Programs?
  • From: "David Fumento" <dfumento at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:27:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anyone have programs that use the package "Calculus`Variational
Methods` functions EulerEquations, Variation1D, First Integrals, and
VariationalBound?  I purchased a recent 2002 Mathematica Partial
Differential Equations book that covers these methods but alas, NO CODE
demonstrating these functions (I did write to the authors).  Also, can
someone give me better info than the documentation that comes with
Mathematica for these functions?

Thanks,
David