Display vs Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38532] Display vs Export
  • From: "Borut Levart" <bolek at aufbix.org>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 04:14:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was wondering what was the difference between

Display["test.eps",figure,"EPS"] and
Export["test.eps",figure,"EPS"] ?

Since the two files generated look the same to me, but the 'displayed' one
being only one third of the 'exported' one in byte size. However, when both
files are converted into PDF, the sizes happen to be the same.

Thank you

Borut