Help with pasting with Basic Input Palette

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38550] Help with pasting with Basic Input Palette
  • From: "Diana Mecum" <diana53 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:12:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi math folks,

This is a really simple question. I searched the help documentation, but was
not able to find an answer.

I have the Basic Input palette displaying. This is the default one which
comes up when you first start Mathematica.

When I try to insert a square root symbol, I press the square root icon.
Then I type "3", and try to continue to also add the square root of 27
seperately. I can't figure out how to get out of the square root field. I
can not proceed to add a seperated square root, so end up typing Sqrt[x] of
all my numbers.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Diana

"God made the integers, all else is the work of man."
L. Kronecker, Jahresber. DMV 2, S. 19.