Reading & Writing binary files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32767] Reading & Writing binary files
  • From: soummer at unice.fr (Remi Soummer)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 05:11:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I try to Write/Read Binary files, and the results are extremely slow.

For exemple, for the same array of "double", it takes 70 seconds with
Experimental`BinaryExport compared to .4 second in IDL (approximately
same time in C). I cannot believe mathematica cannot do that faster !

I am working with mathematica 4 on windows.

I have tried Experimental`BinaryExport and also the "fast binary"
package from mathsource, which is a little faster (3 times faster, but
it is still extremely slow!)

I use :
BinaryExport["c:\path\filename",Flatten[data],{Real64"..}]

Can someone help me ??
Thanks,
Rémi