Re: Nonatomic expression ? in Append command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32837] Re: Nonatomic expression ? in Append command
  • From: Erk Jensen <Erk.Jensen at cern.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:49:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Takayuki MAKINO wrote:

> bonjour
>
> I am very happy to meet you all. My name is Takayuki. It is my great
> pleasure to know the existense of such beautiful community. I would like
> to perform the loop calculation by writing the following code in
> Mathematica. Then, the result of calculation should be stored in some
> lists, assuming the name of list is "omegaAlist". If one performs that
> code, the error message will be output. The contents of which is the
> following:
>
> (1)「Append::"normal": "Nonatomic expression expected at position 1
> in Append[omegaAlist, 0.007]."」
>
> (2)「$RecursionLimit::"reclim": "Recursion depth of \!\(256
> \) exceeded."」
>
> I do not know how to work around this problem. Please help me to
> eliminate this obstacle, if there are experts who are familiar with
> these kinds of things.!!!

> Clear[et1,omegaAlist]
> For[r =0, r <= 1, r++
>
> et1 = 3.444 + r*0.001
>
> omegaAlist = Append[omegaAlist, N[et1]];
> ]
> omegaAlist = Delete[omegaAlist, 1];

Salut,

I find that your loop is a little weird, since r is increased by one, and your
test is r<=1, but if I increase it a little bit to see it at work, I get a
result that you might want, just by adding an initialization of omegaAlist:

Clear[et1, omegaAlist]
omegaAlist = {};
For[r = 0, r <= 10, r++,
et1 = 3.444 + r 0.001;
  omegaAlist = Append[omegaAlist, N[et1]]; ]

bonne journée
               -erk-
 Dr.-Ing. Erk JENSEN                    mailto:Erk.Jensen at cern.ch
 CERN  PS/RF  L19510                    http://cern.ch/Erk.Jensen
 CH-1211 Geneva 23                      Tel.:     +41 22 76 74298
 Switzerland                            Fax.:     +41 22 76 78510