Re: Mathematica for Mac OS X vs. 9?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32878] Re: [mg32867] Mathematica for Mac OS X vs. 9?
  • From: George Woodrow <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 05:21:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematica under OS X is worth the upgrade. Faster, more stable, etc.
I've been using it since the public preview.  -- Yes it *is* a bit
faster than the same version under OS 9 with the same hardware.

Personally, I like OS X a lot. Everything works better. The only thing I
dip into Classic for is PhotoShop and that app should be carbonized next
month.

Enjoy your new computer.

george