RE: creating packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32904] RE: [mg32889] creating packages
  • From: Oleg Burd <OBurd at MaplePartners.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:29:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

take a look on tutorial "package design" form todd gayley on mathsource.
Very efficient guide.
Some general notes:
1. You have to follow certain syntax rules.
	there are commands like beginpackage[], begin[], end[],
endpackage[].
2. As soon as you have written it with mathematica you can save it using
save special in package format.
	Package format implies ".m" or ".ma" endings
	You don't need any extra editor.

3. Look at native Mathematica packages in Add-on directory.

Have fun with packaging,
Oleg.