Notebooks and CVS: how to automatically strip output?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33025] Notebooks and CVS: how to automatically strip output?
  • From: Janus Wesenberg <jaw_remove at nospam.ifa.au.dk>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:35:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I like to keep all my files in a version control system, but this system
isn't coping very well with large notebooks containing graphics etc.
At present I simply use the front end menu Kernel->Delete All Output
before saving -- but this isn't quite satisfactory.

What I need is a way to perform this action automatically from a
makefile: read a given notebook, strip the output (and cache) and write
the result to a new notebook file (which I will then send to the CVS).

Any ideas?

Janus Wesenberg