Notebooks and CVS: how to automatically strip output?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33025] Notebooks and CVS: how to automatically strip output?
- From: Janus Wesenberg <jaw_remove at nospam.ifa.au.dk>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:35:13 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: UNI-C
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I like to keep all my files in a version control system, but this system isn't coping very well with large notebooks containing graphics etc. At present I simply use the front end menu Kernel->Delete All Output before saving -- but this isn't quite satisfactory. What I need is a way to perform this action automatically from a makefile: read a given notebook, strip the output (and cache) and write the result to a new notebook file (which I will then send to the CVS). Any ideas? Janus Wesenberg