Sound and CDs query. Probably an FAQ but I could not find it.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33032] Sound and CDs query. Probably an FAQ but I could not find it.
- From: "DIAMOND Mark R." <dot at dot.dot>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:35:29 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
As the header says, probably an FAQ but one I could not find... Can anyone advise me on getting a series of sounds produced in Mathematica into an appropriate format for a sequence of tracks on audio CD. Assume at this stage that I have a large string of Reals which play, just as I would like, with ListPlay. What are the steps to getting this onto CD? What sound format (SND, WAV or AU) for a CD? Do I simply specify Export["file.au", myNoise,"AU"] or is something more sophisticated needed? And am I correct in thinking that the Reals are redundant (I have Fourier-produced 1/f noise) and that I can scale them to 8-bit or 16-bit integers and manipulate SampleRate etc? I would appreciated any advice Cheers, -- Mark R. Diamond Send email to server called psy dot uwa dot edu dot au and address to markd http://www.psy.uwa.edu.au/user/markd