which book is good to learn the programming in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33058] which book is good to learn the programming in Mathematica?
  • From: liwen liwen <gzgear at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:48:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi;
I want to buy a book about the programming in Mathematica, which book
is the best?  I know many people bought <The Programming in
Mathematica>( author is Roman E Maeder), how about this book? I have
the basic knowledge of programming, but have not received the education
in this area systematically. Maybe my knowledge on the use of
Mathematica is of intermediate level, I hope there is a good book for
me to get more efficient education on programming.  My another question
is the use of dialog box in Mathematica, is it possible to use dialog
box to input many parameters into Mathematica? Normally, dialog box can
help the users input and modify the data neccessary for the program. If
there is such function or books about this area, how can I find them?

Thanks.
Liwen