Re: Tick marks at frame edges

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32280] Re: [mg32235] Tick marks at frame edges
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 23:38:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

At 02:17 AM 1/9/2002, Jun Lin wrote:
>I tend to plot a curve, y=y(x), where x is also a function of another
>variable, t, x=x(t). So, I want to arrange this curve in a frame such
>that the lower edge of the frame is tick-marked according to t, say
>from 0 to 1, and that the upper edge of the frame is tick-marked
>according to x, say from x(t=0) to x(t=1). I am appreciating with any
>Jun Lin

Here's an example.

Do a plot where the t and y sides are labeled.

The first set of ticks are for the t side.

Labeled ticks are of the form {location, label, other stuff}. To get the
ticks for the x side, we just need to change the labels from the t side.

Then we re-Plot with the new ticks.

An alternative is to keep the labels the same and move the ticks. This can
be done if you use the inverse of x[t].

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"

Spend less time searching and more time finding.