Re: What if the symbol doesn't exist?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32326] Re: What if the symbol doesn't exist?
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:30:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Script E

The symbols available are given in the palette  menu> File > Palettes > 9
Script E is in Letters>Script
You can copy it into your notebook by clicking on it;
also, when the curser over it you will see two ways of typing it in given in
the bottom bar of the patette window:  esc scE  esc,  and \[ScriptCapitalE].

Making Subscript[x,y] into a symbol
I'll do a little more.

<< Utilities`Notation`

A panel will appear.
Use this to construct
    Symbolize[< 2D form of Subscript[x,_]>]

For  information about this technique look up in the Help Browser,  Add-ons
> Extras > Utilities > Notation Package

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK