Re: Switch rows!

Hi,

a) pivoting work with a pivot array, that avoid the
   explicit copy/exchange operation of rows ...
   the rows are accessed as matrix[[pivot[[i]]]] instead of
   matrix[[i]] and "exchanging" a row is an exchange
   of the two integers in pivot and not an exchange of
   the m numbers in a row.

b) You have to use the HoldFirst attribute:

SetAttributes[RowSwap,HoldFirst]

RowSwap[ matrix_, row1_Integer, row2_Integer ] :=
  Block[{tmp = matrix[[row1]]},
     matrix[[row1]]=matrix[[row2]];
     matrix[[row2]]=tmp;
    ]