Programming question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32444] Programming question
  • From: "Chris Parson" <siu99cjp at reading.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:54:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all on comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica and sci.math.symbolic,

I am seeking a good tutorial on mathematical programming in Mathematica.
Though well-versed in the extension language, the syntax for manipulating
mathematical expressions is unclear to me.  To put this request in context,
I am aiming to bolt-on additional functionality to existing Mathematica
functions, in order to (hopefully) show that there is room for improvement!!
But it is not easy to discern from the online help how arguments passed to
functions like Integrate[] are processed.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks,

Chris Parson
Undergraduate Student