confusion with triple integral...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32469] confusion with triple integral...
- From: Bradley Stoll <BradleyS at Harker.org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:19:49 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Please consider the Integral[r^2Sin[x]drdxdy] with limits as follows:
[0,2Pi]for y, [0,ArcCos[1/4]] for x and [0,1/Cos[x]] for r. Mathematica returns
27Pi, which is correct. But, if instead of using ArcCos[1/4], I use either
ArcCos[0.25] or ArcCos[1/4]//N in the limits, Mathematica returns 43Pi. Any idea
San Jose, CA
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Why doesn't this rule work?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: confusion with triple integral...