Re: Difference between Get and Copy-Past operation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32514] Re: [mg32500] Difference between Get and Copy-Past operation
- From: jmt <jmt at agat.net>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:57:43 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200201241020.FAA06028@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: jmt at agat.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Get is used to read Mathematica expressions :
if your file named "myFile.m" consists of :
will set the variable myList to be a list containing elem1 and elem2.
if "myFile.m" consists of
will set myVar to be 2, since Plus[1,1] will evaluate to 2.
If you want to read some text, use the Read function.
On Thursday 24 January 2002 11:20, Ariel Fligler wrote:
> I have a text file with Mathematica commands that I generate using a Java
> program (I don't want to use JLINK). When I do a copy-paste operation of
> the file contents into Mathematica, everything works fine. When I do
> Get["myfile.txt"], I get lots of spelling and syntax errors. It seems that
> Get does not parse the file right. Are there any configuration parameters I
> should set in Mathematica for this to work ? I could not find any.
> Thank you in advance for any help,
> fligler at cellpay.biz
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
RE: Change of Variables
Previous by thread:
Difference between Get and Copy-Past operation
Next by thread:
RE: Difference between Get and Copy-Past operation