Re: Difference between Get[] and Copy-Past operation

Get is used to read Mathematica expressions :
if your file named "myFile.m" consists of :
{elem1,elem2}
myList=Get[myFile.m]
will set the variable myList to be a list containing elem1 and elem2.

if "myFile.m" consists of
Plus[1,1]
myVar=Get[myFile.m]
will set myVar to be 2, since Plus[1,1] will evaluate to 2.

If you want to read some text, use the Read function.