Re: TrigExpand

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32545] Re: TrigExpand
  • From: Detlef Mueller <dmueller at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:08:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"Ersek, Ted R" wrote:
> You can install my HoldTemporary package posted at
> Then evaluate the expression below and everything will be formatted the way
> you want.

> Needs["Enhancements`HoldTemporary`"];
> $PrePrint=HoldTemporary@@(
>    (Hold@@{#/.
> {Sec[x_]:>1/cos[x],Csc[x_]:>1/sin[x],Cot[x_]:>1/tan[x],Sech[x_]:>1/cosh[x],C
> sch[x_]:>1/sinh[x]}
>    })/.
>    {cos®Cos,sin®Sin,tan®Tan,cosh®Cosh,sinh®Sinh}
> )&;

Thank you, and the others for the answers.

And those who are lucky juggeling with lots
of names for the same three Functions shoud
not be angry about my commet - it may be a
matter of taste.

The only real problems I see, is recognation
of identities (by looking on them) and a
waste of namespace (for the definition of
waste see the sentence above :) ).