RE: Corrupted Files & Version 4.2 Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35263] RE: Corrupted Files & Version 4.2 Problems
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 02:19:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bobby,

Thanks for the information. That is now two people who have complained about
4.2 on MathGroup. It doesn't look good.

I am certainly disappointed that the Graphics3D rendering errors are not
fixed in Version 4.2. Thank you for testing them for me. (These concern loss
or transfer of Line graphics directives when there are both Lines and
Polygons in the Graphics3D.) I complained to WRI about it a long time ago
and sent them test notebooks. I also complained on MathGroup and had other
people verify the rendering errors. I seem to recall that WRI said it would
be fixed in the next version.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/