New Options in NDSolve ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35337] New Options in NDSolve ?
- From: Carlo Palmisano <palmisano at to.infn.it>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 06:47:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, If we apply NDSolve to a set of PDE, we get the message "no more memory available" (at present we have a memory of 1.5GB with an auxiliary 2 GB swap; OS Linux - Red Hat 7.2 - Pentium IV) As a first step we have "solved" the problem by splitting the integration interval in many(10) subintervals. However, we are loosing some accuracy since the method in NDSolve works using previous time steps to compute the solution. Is there, in version 4.2 (not yet available in Europe), an option NOT to save intermediate data (in order to avoid saturation of our 1.5 GB ) and the possibility of stopping and restarting without introducing additional errors ? Thanks for any suggestion. Carlo Palmisano Dip Fisica Generale "A. Avogadro" Universita di Torino v. P. Giuria 1 - 10125 Torino - Italy ph +39 011 670 7426