Re: Graphics Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35413] Re: Graphics Question
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:28:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> Is there any way to create interactive graphics?  It seems all animation is
> done by precalculating frames.  For some things this is ok, but it would be
> nice to be able to dynamically alter a graphic, and even better make changes
> based on input of various sorts.  Perhaps an add-on package exists?  Or
> perhaps in an upcoming version?

for 3d Graphics you can use the RealTime3D` package
that allow rotation and zoom.

If you wish more control on 3d objects you can try
MathGL3d

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/mathgl3dv3/index.htm

that allow realtime modification of the 3d
object, i.e., flip between smooth an flat shaded polygons,
wire frame graphics, polygon outlines, hollow polygons.
Of course you can rotate and animate the object and
edit viewpoint and light sources ...

> Also, All the demo graphics are dithered.  I have 24bit mode on, and should
> see no dithering.  Is it that these graphics were generated earlier.  If so,
> how can I force a redraw.

That what you see in the demo graphics are bitmap previews
of the PostScript graphics. You can force the redrawing in
with the Cell | Render Graphics ..

suggestions at wolfram.com

> I'd also like to
> see line plots anti-aliased.

For what ? The graphics is PostScript and anitaliasing is only
needed for low resolution images but not for an 600-2400 dpi printout.

> It'd make plots look much more like a
> continuous plot.

What may the PlotPoints option do ??

Regards