Equation to Postscript

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35531] Equation to Postscript
  • From: "Oscar Stiffelman" <oscar at>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:06:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

1.  What is the best way to export an equation, which is currently in a
Text cell, to a postscript file?  If it were a graphic, I would use
Export["g.eps", g, "epstiff"] or something similar.  But I don't have a
graphics object corresponding to the cell.  Also, because the cell
contains special characters, I would like to embed Mathematica's fonts.

2.  More generally, how can I force an eps Export of an arbitrary
graphic to embed Mathematica's fonts?

Note that I am using Mathematica 4.0 on Windows.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar Stiffelman