Q: Simplify with "much less" assumptions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35600] Q: Simplify with "much less" assumptions
- From: "Xuguang\(Heather\) Zhang" <xuguang_zhang at hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 02:10:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have one question regarding simplify answer with assumptions. For
example, I have "1+x^2". The assumptions is x is much much less than 1.
Therefore x^2 can be neglected under the above assumption. What I get
after simplification should be "1" only. Can anybody tell me how do this
in Mathematica? It seems there is no "much less" or "much greater"
symbol in Mathematica. Thank you all.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Problem using a loop to generate data for Point function
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Q: Simplify with "much less" assumptions