RE: Slow iteration in a functional program

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35649] RE: [mg35630] Slow iteration in a functional program
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

For instance,

G[n_] := G[n] = xsec ListIntegrate[Phi[n]]

causes the G values to be saved as they're calculated.  (Taking xsec
outside ListIntegrate should be equivalent, right?)  Calculating G[1000]
right away will cause iteration limits to be exceeded, so you need to
calculate from the bottom up:

G /@ Range[1000];

Use the same trick to save values of Phi and P, of course.  Then the
bottom-up calculation of G will cause all the other calculations to be

I am sure the C code was somehow storing values, too.